Two former detectives with the Stark County Sheriff's Department have turned themselves in to face charges.
Following a lengthy investigation by detectives with the Indiana State Police Criminal Investigation Division Lowell Post, evidence and testimony was recently presented to a grand jury. The subject matter of the grand jury involved missing evidence from the Starke County Sheriff’s Department. At the conclusion of the proceedings, the grand jury issued indictments.
Adam Gray- 50, of Knox
- Official Misconduct- Level 6 Felony (4 counts)
- Theft- Class A Misdemeanor (2 counts)
- Dealing Paraphernalia- Class A Misdemeanor
- Dealing Marijuana- Class A Misdemeanor
Don Ferguson- 54, of South Bend
- Official Misconduct- Level 6 Felony (3 counts)
- Theft of Firearm- Level 6 Felony
- Theft- Class A Misdemeanor
- False Informing- Class B Misdemeanor
Both individuals have turned themselves in to the Stark County Jail.