Rochester High School Athletic Director Ryan Johnson released information about updated restrictions for attendance at winter athletics:
Parents and Families,
I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that the Fulton County Health Department has given us updated restrictions for attendance at winter events.
Each participant, coach, and support personnel will be allowed two parents/guardians/caregivers to attend Rochester athletic events. Swimming will still be restricted to no spectators due to the size and seating of our facility. There will also be no spectators at the McKee Memorial Wrestling Invitational.
Below is the process for receiving tickets to each athletic contest.
1. Coaches will give each participant two tickets prior to the event.
2. Participants will then distribute these two tickets appropriately.
3. Parents/guardians/caregivers will bring the ticket to the event and present the ticket to the gate worker.
4. By presenting the ticket, the parent/guardian/caregiver will be allowed to purchase entrance to the event for $5.
5. If an individual DOES NOT present a ticket, the individual WILL NOT be able to enter the event and will be asked to leave.
6. Gates will officially open 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
We want to continue to be able to allow parents/guardians/caregivers to attend our events, but WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please help us abide by these restrictions by being prepared with your ticket, being respectful to event staff, wearing a facial covering at ALL TIMES, and social distancing by family units at ALL TIMES.
We will still try to provide as many live streaming opportunities for our events as possible if you or a family member does not feel comfortable at events or is not able to attend the event.
I have attached the letter from the Fulton County Health Department and the live stream information sheet to this email.
Thank you for being great supporters of Rochester High School Athletics and helping us make the best of a tough situation!
Rochester High School
Attendance at winter indoor K-12 extracurricular and co-curricular activities, including IHSAA sporting events, should be limited to participants, coaches, support personnel, and two (2) parents/guardians/caregivers per participant.
All non-competing and non-performing participants, coaches, support personnel, and attendees are required to wear face coverings at all times and maintain six (6) feet social distancing, when applicable, while attending the event.
The Fulton County Health Department would like to thank the Rochester Community School Corporation and the community for their continued support and patience during these trying times.
David Kevin Reyburn, MD Health Officer